- Custom-built for surveillance applications with ImagePerfect firmware for crisp, clear, 24×7 video workloads
- Maximum 180TB/year workload rating—3× the workload rating of desktop drives—for reliable performance in write-intensive surveillance systems
- Rotational vibration (RV) sensors help maintain performance in RAID and multi-drive systems (4TB or higher)
- Up to 10TB of capacity to store up to 10,000 hours of HD video
Smart, safe and secure, Seagate SkyHawk HDDs are engineered for 24×7 video recording. They feature 3× the workload rating of desktop drives and can store up to 10,000 hours of digital video on capacities up to 10TB.
Optimized for Surveillance
Surveillance recording demands sustained performance over time. A minute missed can mean money lost—or worse. SkyHawk drives are engineered for always-on recording in harsh environments, ensuring you’ll have the footage you need when you need it.
- * Network video recorders (NVR)
- * Embedded surveillance DVRs (SDVR)
- * Hybrid surveillance DVRs
- * Surveillance DVRs
Surveillance-optimized firmware improves reliability by up to 30% over traditional desktop drives.
3× the workload rating of desktop drives—up to 180TB/year.
SkyHawk drives use less power and generate less heat for extra-long lifecycles.
SkyHawk drives are ideal for the booming NVR market and RAID environments. Rotational vibration (R/V) sensors along with low power consumption and heat output ensure consistent performance in multi-drive enclosures.
- RAID compatible
- Up to 10TB capacity
- Up to 180TB/year workload rating
- 1M hours MTBF
- 3-year limited warranty
- Supports up to 64 cameras
|Ideal for||DVR or NVR systems with multiple drives and HD cameras: optimized to improve reliability, reduce costs and support video analytics||Massive scale-out surveillance environments, video analytics and optimization, long-term video retention|
|Capacity||Up to 10TB||Up to 8TB|
|Network Video Recorder (NVR)||√||√|
|DVR & Video Surveillance||√||√|
|Cameras Supported||Up to 64||100+|
|User Workload Rate||180TB/year||550TB/year|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||1M hours||2M hours|
|RV sensors and RAID Support||√||√|
|Limited Warranty||3 years||5 years|